Leadership Exchange delivers two critical programs to inspire leadership in youth:
The Program: Partnerships & Change-making Grants
Partnerships with service-minded organizations and agencies that serve orphan vulnerable populations create unique opportunities to engage youth in volunteerism and build their leadership capacity. Annual grants assist organizations that serve orphan vulnerable youth to support their capacity and operating costs, enabling greater sustainability and improved infrastructure.
The Program: Service-Learning Exchange
• Students participate in annual service-learning trips to Africa to further ensure the
sustainability and infrastructure of organizations, inspiring advocates and leaders in a
• African youth engage in educational opportunities through an exchange visit to the U.S.
• Youth develop the tools to be leaders and are empowered to continue a life of service,
globally or locally, regardless of socio-economic status.
The need for Leadership Exchange is great.
• More than 16 of 100 children in Botswana under age 18 are orphaned. Similar statistics exist for surrounding countries.
• 1 in every 4 people in Botswana are living with HIV / AIDS.
• As a result of these statistics, children become primary caregivers and are often forced to stop attending school.
The impact of Leadership Exchange is proven.
• Quality of life improves for vulnerable, orphaned youth.
• Global consciousness and social justice awareness improves.
• Pro-social behavior increases.
• Youth demonstrate greater leadership and are inspired to create global change.
• Young people develop a greater sense of civic responsibility and gain a stronger commitment to global society.