Position Vacancy: APRN - Regular Part-Time
|Event Type:|| HUMAN RESOURCES
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse at Trinity College Health Center (TCHC) provides comprehensive primary health care for acute and chronic alterations in health, and preventative screenings. The APRN documents his/her clinical practice which independently assesses, diagnoses, treats, and/or refers to collaborating/consulting health care professionals in the greater Hartford area. The APRN educates the student population on preventative care and healthy lifestyle choices. The APRN coordinates all care rendered in a case management frameworks.
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor and Masters degree in Nursing.
2. Current certification from a national certifying body.
3. Current Connecticut licensure for both Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
4. Federal DEA licensure.
5. State of Connecticut DEA licensure.
6. Independent Malpractice Coverage.
7. 3 years’ experience in the delivery of primary health care with a college aged population.
8. Ability to practice independently.
9. CPR certification.
10. Gynecological experience.
11. Use of computer Electronic Health Record and computer programs (Office Suite, email, scheduling), office machines, medical diagnostic equipment (EKG machine, nebulizer, venipuncture).
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays during the academic year (eight month academic year, late August to late May with no work during winter recess – 33 weeks) This
position is not benefit eligible.
Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.