Job Posted 12/10/2012: Sales and Client Service Assistant, Dempsey & Carroll
|Event Type:|| CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Friday, December 14, 2012
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Debra C. Murphy
Dempsey & Carroll, fine engravers since 1878, is the premier brand of luxury stationery and writing papers.
They are seeking a highly motivated, bright, self-starter to work with their sales staff. The successful candidate will immediately take on client responsibility and will grow into a sales associate. Must love working with people, details and the art of a written note!
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our clients and supporting the sales team to accommodate all client requests. We expect our staff to reflect the Dempsey & Carroll mission and values and to be able to handle a full range of situations with grace and composure.
In addition, the successful candidate will work on a range of administrative projects. Tasks include creating basic spreadsheets, filing, making copies, running errands, greeting customers in the store, and other staff support duties. The ideal candidate will be very organized and eager to help with the day-to-day operations of the office. Candidates must be willing to work on Saturdays.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR COVER LETTER IN THE BODY/TEXT OF YOUR EMAIL IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
- 0 to 3 years interest or experience in sales, customer service or luxury goods
- Self-starter - ability to work independently and continually prioritize activities
- Excellent organization skills
- Detail oriented and good with numbers. Comfortable with excel.
- Professional phone manner and ease in dealing with people
- Outgoing, positive, dynamic personality
- A love of stationery and luxury goods is a must!
- Bachelors degree
- Base salary of $30,000. Part-time position available.
- Generous commission plan
- Three weeks paid time off plus public holidays
- Medical benefits
To apply, please send your current resume and salary details to:
Dempsey & Carroll
1049 Lexington Avenue
New York, New York 10021
They are looking to hire now but expect to make 2 hires over the next 2-3 months.