The Circulation Shelving Manager coordinates library stacks maintenance activities including shelving, paging, and inventory control. Manages student assistants, assists library service desk operations, and maintains public equipment. Oversees general building operations during assigned evening and weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as lead coordinator and participant in library stacks maintenance activities. These include shelving, paging, collection shifts, and inventory control. May also assist with transfers, scanning, preservation activities, and physical processing.
2. Helps manage library service desk operations including overseeing student workers, assists in processing transactions, answering basic questions about library policies and services, and making referrals to other staff when appropriate.
3. Closes the building at the end of the day by overseeing or performing the announcements, walkthroughs, and security checks to ensure the building is secure. Periodically walks through the building during the shift to observe the safety of our readers and collections and works with Campus Safety and other staff when problems arise.
4. Assists the public with library equipment; performs basic maintenance on printers and reports other issues to the appropriate Library or IT staff.
5. Other duties as assigned.
High school graduate, further education and library experience preferred; good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills; patience and tact when working with the public; good computer skills, including the ability to learn local library circulation software; ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the positions is filled. To apply, please go to the following link: https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/. Internal candidates should respond within five days for preferential consideration.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.