Trinity College seeks an experienced health educator to serve as a catalyst for a campus-wide effort to increase educational programming around health issues. We seek a person who can develop, assess, and deliver a comprehensive health promotion and wellness program for college-aged clients. The primary focus of education needed includes; alcohol and other drugs, risky sexual behaviors, nutrition and eating disorders, stress management, interpersonal relationships, and using a health model as a basis of behavioral decisions. This position will work in collaboration with students, faculty, and other administrators, and lead the entire community as a resource on health issues.
Responsibilities include development and dissemination of information promoting health and well-being, creation and supervision of peer support groups, and regular assessment of health-related educational needs. The Health Educator will also be responsible for seeking grant funding opportunities, developing collaborative relationships and community based networks on key health related issues, and other additional responsibilities as required.
• At least three years of experience in creating and managing a health education program at the college level.
• Master’s Degree required, interdisciplinary educational background preferred.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; knowledgeable and independent in the use of electronic sources of data gathering and spreading, (i.e. content searches, banner making, Microsoft Office suite, twitter, facebook, etc.).
• Experience working with a diverse population of students at the college level.
• Ability to assess outcomes of health education initiatives and to help others (including students) with evaluation of health-related projects.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and training. This is a part-time (22 hours/week), 9-month position and is not benefit eligible. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the positions is filled. To apply, please go to the following link: https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/. Internal candidates should respond within five days for preferential consideration.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.