The Coalition for Peace in Connecticut presents Building a More Peaceful Connecticut: Tools, Models and Initiatives that Promote Nonviolence
|Location:||McCook Academic Building McCook Auditorium
Thursday, June 26, 2014
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Featured Homepage Events,Lectures and Presentations
Sarah A Raskin
The Coalition for Peace in Connecticut presents
Building a More Peaceful Connecticut:Tools, Models and Initiatives that Promote Nonviolence
The forum will focus on sharing information about programs in CT that promote nonviolence and teach peaceful conflict resolution. Participants will learn about methods, models and tools they can apply in their communities. Speakers at the forum will be from across Connecticut, including:
- · Nelba Marquez-Green, Ana Grace Project at Klingberg Family Center
- · Kathryn Lee, Program Director, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
- · Victoria Christgau, Executive Director, CT Center for Nonviolence
- · Iran Nazario, Director, COMPASS PeaceBuilders
- · Kenny Jackson, StreetSafe Bridgeport
- · Andrew Woods, Executive Director, Hartford Communities that Care: NEHartford Violence Free Zone
- · Barbara Tinney, Executive Director, New Haven Family Alliance, New Haven
- · Karen Jarmoc, CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence & Interval House
- · Deacon Arthur Miller, Office for Black Catholic Ministries for Archdiocese of Hartford
In addition, the forum will provide opportunities for other groups to share information about their work through short presentations and/or information tables/booths.
A detailed agenda will be sent in mid-June. Lunch will be served. Free parking available. See the Trinity College map for details.
While there is no charge, seating is limited. RSVP to email@example.com by Wednesday, June 18.
Please share this invitation with others who would benefit from attending. All are welcome.