Reporting to the Director of Campus Safety, the Assistant/Associate Director is responsible for the administrative operations of the Campus Safety Department and takes an active role in leading and influencing the department’s mission. Will oversee the daily operations of Campus Safety and work closely with faculty, staff, students and parents. Oversees the activities of the department in the absence of the Director. Job requires that the officer’s working schedule is at the discretion of the Director or his/her designee, which may include working evenings, overnight and weekends. Days off may be either stationary or changing at the discretion of the Director or his/her designee. Job requires that when scheduled to work a holiday or recess day, officer will work on that holiday or recess day. Vacations and holidays will be given at the discretion of the Director or his/her designee.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Schedules staff, assigns work and supervises Campus Safety personnel and work shifts. Ensures that adequate coverage is maintained at all times.
2. Works closely with all supervisory personnel within the department to ensure optimum performance and professional standards. Conducts annual performance evaluations.
3. Oversees the collection and maintenance of all statistical information related to crime on campus. Complies with all reporting requirements as directed by state and federal government relations. Participates in Title IX investigations and ensures Clery Act compliance. Manages the CESI’s Report Exec report writing system, dispatching software and MIRRA voice recording software.
4. Oversees safety and security systems and acts as the liaison with the ITS and Facilities departments, and external vendors in support of several systems, including: security cameras, access control, emergency telephones, fire alarm, and building security.
5. Determines immediate actions to be taken in emergency situations and facilitates immediate notifications and lockdown procedures when necessary.
6. Assists in the planning and implementation of in-service training programs for personnel and assists in training/orientating new personnel.
7. Develops, cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with various members of the Trinity Community who have an impact on campus safety and public safety operations.
8. Implements, structures and organizes community policing model to include COMPSTAT, crime mapping deployment, problem-solving skills, GPS and effective customer service.
9. Assists the Director in strategic planning of programs and changes to increase the department’s effectiveness and efficiency. Makes recommendations for consideration in relation to policy and procedures
Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of experience in law enforcement or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess extensive experience in the administration and operational oversight of Campus Safety or a community-policing program. Strong supervisory experience; computer proficiency including MS Excel/Word; excellent public relation skills and knowledge of current issues of law enforcement, public safety and student development required. Experience conducting Title IX investigations also required.
The application review process will begin immediately; search will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please go to the following link: https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.