Housed in Summit East dormitory, The Fred Pfeil Community Project offers a unique college experience for both the 60 students who live in the building and the rest of the Trinity campus. The Fred is committed to putting on alternative, non-exclusive events every Friday night, creating engaging groups based on students’ interests that are open to all, and providing a common free-space area for the entire college community. Every member is expected to participate in one of these common interest groups, in addition to being a generally active presence in the community. We are looking for a group of engaged students interested in forging their own college experience while reaching out to the community at large.
We are currently accepting applications to live in the Fred for the spring semester.
After we’ve received all of the applications, we will invite the applicants to an interview with the admissions committee.
Once admitted we will do our best to accommodate everyone’s individual housing preference, but we cannot guarantee any specific arrangements.
Please EMAIL your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, by NOVEMBER 26th at 11:59 PM.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE APPLICATION AS AN EMAIL ATTACHMENT, DO NOT COPY AND PASTE IT INTO THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. THANKS!
Student ID number:
Where You Live Now:
1. Please list all of your extracurricular activities with a brief description of your participation in each.
Please Respond to the Following Questions With 1-2 Paragraphs Each:
2. Which of the activities above is most meaningful to you and why?
3. Why do you want to live in the Fred?
4. The Fred is committed to creating an inclusive, open-minded community promoting tolerance and acceptance. How could you support this type of community both in the Fred and at Trinity College as a whole?
5. What else do YOU perceive to be the Fred's role on campus and how well has it fulfilled that role?
6. How have you been involved at the Fred in the past and how would you continue to be involved as a member in the future?
7. What would be your ideal, new & original Fred Friday night event?
8. Is there anything else you'd like us to know? (Optional)