For Faculty: Winter Institute for Teaching with Technology 2013 Request for Proposals
|Event Type:|| ALL CAMPUS
Monday, November 26, 2012
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
This year’s WITT (Winter Institute for Teaching with Technology) will be held on the morning of Wednesday, January 16th, and we are inviting proposals for 20 minute presentations. We are looking for faculty members who have used technology as part of their teaching or research projects in the last year, and want to share their findings with the Trinity community.
There is no unifying theme for the event at this point, but we would like to hear from a wide variety of faculty on how they are incorporating technology into their curriculum and research. In addition to describing the project, we propose that presentations address the following questions:
- Why did you decide to incorporate technology? Was your goal to reach specific learning outcomes, or were you looking for ways to save time, or achieve other efficiencies?
- How did technology change the way you approached your subject matter?
- What were some of the benefits?
- What were some of the drawbacks?
- What other differences did you experience?
- How steep was the learning curve for using the technology?
- What was your overall time investment in the project? Do you expect that investment to increase or decrease in future semesters?
We plan on including a panel discussion on video conferencing/virtual guest speakers, so if you have used these activities in your teaching, and are interested in participating, please let us know. Panelists will be asked to provide a brief overview of their activities, and participate in a moderated discussion about their experiences.
The event will also feature brief presentations from several of last year's ITEC grant recipients.